The Results

I had tried to put JET to the back of my mind during the wait between the interview and results. Of course it popped up at the forefront of my thoughts but I told myself there was no point stressing over it until the end of March...

Well, easier said than done! By mid-March I was checking my emails often enough to be considered obsessed and it only escalated from there. I had also found the JET Reddit page and tortured myself by checking that with such frequency that I should have just joined instead of being that strange kid who just stares from afar. By Monday 27 March the first lucky few reported that they had heard back from their consulates (some parts of the USA and South Africa). Tuesday again had the stories from applicants who were put out of their misery. Cruelly, my local embassy shared a cryptic post on their Facebook page hinting that our results would be revealed soon. By Wednesday I was chewing through my phone battery by constantly refreshing my emails and JET Reddit. During this time I was keeping in touch with my friend from Japanese class who had also applied. Little did I know I was only hours away from finding out my fate.

Wednesday 29 March at 16:07 I refreshed my emails. I saw there was an email from the embassy. I hurriedly open it while my heart races like stupid. I skim read until I caught a key word to make this process all worth it: SHORT-LIST! I friggin made it!!! *enters state of disbelief*

I text my friend to let her know results were out, called my hubby to let him know we were MOVING TO JAPAN, called my parents, and contacted other friends who had been instrumental in this process.

I can't tell you what a relief this news was. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Interview

The Application